In corporate worship, we unite ourselves with others to acknowledge the holiness of God, to hear God’s Word, to offer prayer, and to celebrate the sacraments.
Worship unites, transforms, and renews us as beloved children of God. We are united in our prayer, praise, and thanks to God; transformed by the power of God’s Word; and renewed through the grace of Holy Communion. We are more than spectators at worship—we become living members of the Body of Christ and heirs of his eternal kingdom.
Assist at Worship
St. Mary’s welcomes adult and youth volunteers (grade five and above) to assist at worship services:
- Ushers greet arriving worshipers, help them find seats, and bring the offerings to the altar.
- Lectors read the first and second lessons at each service.
- Assisting Ministers offer the Prayers of the People and help serve Communion wine at the altar.
- Acolytes light the candles on the altar, carry the cross in processions and assist the priest and deacon with Communion preparations at the altar. (If no acolyte is scheduled, the Assisting Minister also helps with these duties.)
- Eucharistic Ministers carry Holy Communion to those who are unable to regularly attend worship services.
- Altar Guild prepares the altar for Holy Eucharist with the appropriate linens and Communion vessels.
Anyone interested in learning more about assisting at worship services is encouraged to speak with Fr. Scott or any of the current lay ministers.
Sing With the Choir
Our choir enriches our common worship, prayer and praise through song. The choir rehearses on Wednesday evenings from September through May and sings at worship on two Sundays each month. New members are welcome at any time.
Please speak with Brittany Kamrath, our choir director, or any choir member to learn more.